Shauna Birdsall, ND FABNO
Board Certified in Naturopathic Oncology
One of the nation’s top naturopathic oncology specialists is right here in Alaska, available to you at Anchorage Radiation Oncology Center!
Dr. Birdsall also works at the Alaska Cyberknife Center within AOA, providing integrative cancer support for patients undergoing cancer treatment as well as those who have completed their cancer therapy. Her extensive experience in integrative oncology, enables patients’ access to up to date information on “alternative” and integrative cancer therapies that have been researched worldwide.
The goal is to provide support to thrive during treatment and rebuild after and for those living with cancer, to optimize health and improve one’s quality of life.
- Dr. Birdsall will take a complete look at your health and incorporate safe and effective suggestions to thrive during and after treatment.
- Many alternative and integrative therapies should not be taken during treatment, but rather should be reserved for after therapy. Dr. Birdsall will cover what is safe to take during and what is best taken when treatment is concluded.
- Please bring in all your supplements and alternative therapies to your appointment. Dr. Birdsall will go through each one and describe their function and appropriate dose.
- You are welcome to bring family or friends and/or record the appointments.
- Dr. Birdsall will work closely with your entire oncology team to provide comprehensive, head to toe care.
Dr. Birdsall’s background:
Shauna has practiced integrative cancer care as the sole focus of her practice since 2000. Dr. Birdsall graduated from National University of Natural Medicine as a naturopathic physician in Oregon and then completed a residency at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Illinois. Dr. Birdsall was among the first in the nation to be board certified in Naturopathic Oncology in 2007.
Dr. Birdsall has published multiple articles, research abstracts, and posters at national conferences. She frequently speaks at conferences to healthcare professionals and enjoys giving talks to patient groups. She is dedicated to supporting patients through a cancer diagnosis, treatment, and survivorship.
Dr. Birdsall is strongly committed to providing individualized, compassionate, evidence-based care to empower and provide hope to cancer patients. In 2019, Dr. Birdsall joined the Alaska Cyberknife Center within Advanced Oncology Associates, Anchorage Radiation Oncology Center, and the team at Avante Medical Center, providing integrative cancer support for patients undergoing cancer treatment as well as those who have completed their treatment.
She works collaboratively with each patient’s team of healthcare providers and focuses on educating her patients to best navigate their integrative medicine options. In her free time, she enjoys spending time outdoors with her husband and Bernese Mountain dog, horseback riding, traveling and cooking.